Gym with creche

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 8 January 2007 2.25pm
Does anyone know a gym in or around SE1 and/ or The City that has creche?
Monday 8 January 2007 3.05pm
i don't know about now but the seven islands centre (which has a gym and aerobics) used to have a creche but i am going back a couple of years. I do remember it used to get booked up very quickly though
Monday 8 January 2007 6.22pm
I did quite a bit of searching around when I had a baby three years ago and at the time the only gym in Central London with a creche was Holmes Place Barbican which I used for a while. When I wanted to rejoin last year I found out that they'd closed the creche down which is really disappointing. Holmes Place in Clapham have a creche but it is charged at an hourly rate plus a registration fee per child. I think I worked out that if you visited for an hour 2-3 times a week by the time you've paid the membership fee, creche and registration, it would cost over 200 a month! That's not including travel/parking costs and the hassle factor of having to travel to Clapham.

Seven Islands Leisure Centre no longer has a creche. (I've just discovered that they don't run swimming lessons for babies and toddlers either, despite a link on their website saying they do.)

I have heard that some of the Sure Start areas run pilates/yoga classes and provide creche facilities so that might be an option? I'm one street away from our Sure Start area so don't qualify.

I'd be interested to know if you find anywhere.
Monday 8 January 2007 9.39pm
Enmab, it would be worth checking back with Sure Start,not sure if things are the same on this side of the river but I know in Camden they have now rolled out the areas to cover the borough and don't refuse you on the basis of your postcode anymore.
Monday 15 January 2007 6.22pm
Thanks Coogie, I will check out Sure Start again in case I can join in some of their classes now.

In the meantime, from other friends'/parents' recommendations, I've found somewhere with a gym, pool and all important creche. Unfortunately, not in SE1 though, but not too far away. The Queen Mother Leisure Centre in Victoria has a creche on Monday and Thursday from 10-12. It costs 2.15 per child per hour and they have a special rate of 3 for parents who want to use the gym and pool - normal price is 8 for the gym and 4.55 for the pool. It's one of the council ones and seems very clean and efficient - they have a comprehensive programme of swimming lessons for childen too. Only drawback is that none of the fitness classes run when the creche is open as the creche is temporary and situated in the fitness studio.
Saturday 15 September 2012 3.40pm
Hi all, Just found this very old post - but have the same question for 2012! Can anyone help?

L
Sunday 16 September 2012 7.33pm
Hi Lazy i

I go to No 1 Studio Training at 108 Maltings Place, 169 Tower Bridge Road. They have fitness slots especially for mums and babies in prams at 10.30am and 11.00am. I've been going for a year now and its the only place I know in SE1 where I can bring my daughter.

Give Ben or Harry a call for a free session - 0207 403 6660

Mrs Erniebug
Sunday 16 September 2012 9.54pm
thank you very much - will do!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: