Salsa lessons

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 10 January 2007 10.58am
Hi everyone,
SE1 is great but I'm seriously missing life in the Dominican Republic at the moment! Winter blues!! I spent 6 months there whilst on my travels 2 years ago and i learnt to dance salsa. I kept it up for a while when i got back but now i'm very out of practice and wondered if there is anywhere local i could have lessons? I'm also looking to do an advanced Spanish course (evenings only) if anyone knows of a good one?
Nat
Wednesday 10 January 2007 11.04am
The Ministry of Salsa at Elephant & Castle springs to mind
Wednesday 10 January 2007 11.23am
Morley College or Southwark College for the advanced Spanish lessons?

There's lots of places for Salsa in the area. I noticed Salsa classes in Imbibe on Blackfriars Road whenever I passed there on Monday evenings before Xmas so it might be worth calling them to see if thats a regular thing and still going on (I haven't passed by there on a Monday since Xmas).
TAK
Wednesday 10 January 2007 6.07pm
James516 wrote:
The Ministry of Salsa at Elephant & Castle springs to mind

That's closed now as the building will soon be torn down. I believe they moved elsewhere but do not know where to.
Thursday 11 January 2007 9.08am
Thats explains why there was no answer then! Imbibe are still doing lessons on a Monday tho so I'm gonna give it a go there. They do beginner and intermediate levels and i'd actually like to be brave and try advanced after a couple of sessions so i'd appreciate more suggestions, thanks!
NK
Thursday 5 February 2009 9.04am
Imbibe don't seem to be doing lessons now. Does anyone know of where there are salsa classes or ANY dance classes for that matter in SE1?
Many thanks!
Monday 9 February 2009 10.58am
http://www.cubacheche.co.uk/

They do classes and events at Titos Peruvian retaurant in London Bridge. Cuban style but good. I used to teach and enjoyed a class I went to recently to brush up.
Food is pretty good and BIG! Value for money too!
No connection other vthan a happy customer.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: