London Bridge Gym?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Thursday 11 January 2007 1.52pm
I think that Fitness First is the cheapest
next door to London Bridge Hotel by the station
they have just bought Fitness Exchange chain

The win with Fitness First is that you can use your menmbership at any branch (except the city ones) I live in Reading stay in London all week for work and go home at weeeknds - I can use Fitness First in Reading as wekll as London Bridge

When I say cheapest

cheap gym is an oxymoron!!
Jac
Thursday 11 January 2007 2.41pm
newcrossgate wrote:

The win with Fitness First is that you can use your menmbership at any branch (except the city ones)

I think that depends on which type of membership you take out.
Thursday 11 January 2007 3.28pm
It also depends on the gym you have a membership with. There seem to be three different levels. "ordinary", platimum and diamond. The Fitness First on Thomas More Square for instance is Diamond. If you are a member there you can use all of them. However, if you are an ordinary member you can't just use the platinum and diamond gyms....
Thursday 11 January 2007 5.18pm
ells2006 wrote:
nancy- what's the membership fee like? pricey?

I pay about 50 a month, but I know it's cheaper if you pay for the whole year, plus they do some work discounts (but unfortunately I don't work anywhere useful to get one...)

The other place most people in my office go to is the Soho gym under the archway at waterloo - they're all very impressed with it (and you can do short term memberships as well) Fitness first on the way up to London Bridge station is definitely the cheapest of the main ones in the area, but it doesn't have a pool, which is why I like topnotch.
Thursday 11 January 2007 6.04pm
wicked, thanks so much for your help, i'll definitely check out fitness first and see how i like topnotch- i want to be able to swim so if i can afford it i'll probably go there i think. i'll let you guys know how i get on!

thanking you again!
ells
Thursday 11 January 2007 6.15pm
my thoughts about topnotch are available in the 37 degrees thread.... and the female changing rooms might be ok..i wouldnt know that but the male ones are shabby, the showers often dont work and the whole place is in need of a makeover. but the worse thing of all is that gangsta rap tits and arse music they play and you just cant get away from it!!
Thursday 11 January 2007 6.43pm
"gangsta rap tits and arse music"

how does that go? Can you give us an example?
Jac
Thursday 11 January 2007 7.17pm
asked at fitness exchange re prices but they said there are quite a few options so best if you pop in. So not that helpful. It also has a pool, I've just got back from aqua class which I find fun.
Friday 12 January 2007 2.12pm
well, i went to have a look round topnotch this morning and i was quite impressed! it was clean and not very busy (but i suppose it wasn't peak time)

the prices were quite expensive though, so i don't think i'll go with that place. good to hear that fitness first does have a pool, i'll definitely be checking htem out now! thanks for taking the trouble to ask jac- much appreciated

boroughpaul- totally agree with the music tastes in all gyms..thank god for ipods ;)

ells
Friday 12 January 2007 2.13pm
ells
you might also find it worth looking into the gym facilities at Guys hospital.

You need to take out some kind of associate membership and then pay for usage as you go along. I found the information on this site somewhere (but don't ask me how) so the lovely James can probably point you in the right direction. If i find the other thread or link I'll post it here.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network