London Bridge Gym?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Monday 22 January 2007 12.23pm
The contact for the gym seems to be James Woods - contact details on this page:
http://www.cityacademy.co.uk/lettings.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 22 January 2007 12.41pm
I also contacted this morning, just being an impatient bunny really and wanted to know if anyone else had been. I'll post the details here when I get them back
Monday 22 January 2007 1.39pm
I've just recieved this info back

Kara - thank you for your enquiry. We are open Monday - Friday evenings 18.00 - 22.00, and you can just turn up - please bring photo ID and your bank details!

The rates are:

28/month full membership

15/month off peak (20.00 - 22.00 only)

280 annual membership - i.e. 2 months free!

10 induction fee - waived for January

I look forward to seeing you here.

James
Friday 26 January 2007 12.07am
I've been a member of Topnotch for a year now, having signed up for a year's contract. I've been maybe ten times - which is very unusual for me. I suspect the difference of opinion people have about it (taking the manager and Chloe, his evident alter-ego, out of the equation) depends on their preference for cardio over weights. The cardio kit is pretty good, plenty of machines over two rooms. The weights - which I was mainly interested in, being a road runner for cardio purposes - are bloody awful. As has been said before, a cramped space, shoddy equipment etc. I gave up on it.

Having read the two recent threads on here I'm going to have a look at 37 degrees. I don't mind stepping through raw sewage as long as there are some decent resistance machines at the other end.
Sunday 28 January 2007 4.03pm
37 degrees is far better in every respect. joined yesterday! for 62.50 37 degrees offers a far superior gym experience. excellent equipment, at least twice the floorspace of resistance equipment than topnotch, modern cardio machines with individual tv screens and 20 odd channels, loads of classes etc etc. the changing rooms are clean and modern TOWELS PROVIDED!! and no bloody topnotch tv with their uber crap music that does your head in.
Sunday 28 January 2007 5.42pm
Mature guy, seeks running partner

I have done a couple of 10k races - my best ever being RunLondon 55m15s

I am training for a half marathon in March and would love to train with someone

I work near london bridge and live in new cross gate so can easily train at either of those two areas

I think 37degrees has a running club
Sunday 28 January 2007 6.34pm
Paul - did you get 62.50 for a joint membership? I joined yesterday too and I'm paying 79! Have I missed something?
Sunday 28 January 2007 8.27pm
they dont do joint but would allow one of us to go in at the lower rate and the other at 79 quid...dont quite get the logic. they def want to get their quota of new members by jan 31 though...it seems to help if you are a 1. key worker 2. live in SE1 3. work for one of their favoured local firms 4. smile nicely at the membership guy and they seem to be happy to pinch topnotch members!!
Monday 29 January 2007 6.43pm
Ah, I see. They offered me 62.50 for my girlfriend to join so that makes sense.

I agree that the experience is a million times better than TopNotch. The cavernous, airy space is a massive improvement.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network