Buying Parking Spaces

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 12 January 2007 12.02pm
Is it possible to seperate a parking space from a leasehold? Im looking at parking spaces to rent in SE1, and I wonder for the long term benefits whether it is possible to buy a space. I'm trying to get a handle on how common and easy this would be. Anyone done this either as a seller or buyer? I guess a conveyancing solictor would have to oversee the exchange?
Friday 12 January 2007 2.11pm
Very unlikely, it would have to specifically state this in the lease itself. Most would not, why would leaseholders want strangers who do not live in the building to access their carpark?

Also some leases you have a right to park your car, no assigned space that you actually own even though your plans may mark a spot out for you.
Friday 12 January 2007 2.25pm
when the houses were built severasl years ago in spurgeon street...the parking spaces was 15 thousand...
Friday 12 January 2007 2.43pm
In shad thames the value of a parking space is 20,000
Friday 12 January 2007 3.13pm
bleeding nora...
Friday 12 January 2007 4.12pm
Tattie - Where have you seen Shad Thames parking spaces for sale?
Saturday 13 January 2007 10.39am
ditto wrote:
Is it possible to seperate a parking space from a leasehold? Im looking at parking spaces to rent in SE1, and I wonder for the long term benefits whether it is possible to buy a space. I'm trying to get a handle on how common and easy this would be. Anyone done this either as a seller or buyer? I guess a conveyancing solictor would have to oversee the exchange?

Found this, looks like there are some for sale in shad thames, though cost could be prohibitive....

http://www.acorn.ltd.uk/site/php/propertyDetails.php?id=219798&type=Buy&from=devID
Friday 19 January 2007 11.57am
Does Vanilla & Sesame Court have its own car park or are these part of the Butlers Wharf Q-Park Car park?
Saturday 20 January 2007 11.36am
ditto wrote:
Tattie - Where have you seen Shad Thames parking spaces for sale?

I've not actually seen them for sale, but living in the area know that the value of a property increases by 20k for each parking space. For most of the buildings it seems fairly impossible to sell the parking spaces individually as they would require to prvide access to the building
AG
Sunday 21 January 2007 12.14pm
Hi I have 2 parking spaces to rent in SE1. One is near Guys Hospital / London Bridge and the other is near Blackfriars Bridge. If you are interested please let me know.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: