Are there any Lebanese restaurants in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 12 January 2007 8.36pm
Thanks!
Friday 12 January 2007 10.43pm
the iranian restaurant on Borough Rd serves food that's quite like Lebanese, if that's any use

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 12 January 2007 10.51pm
Well, it was until I read this

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2306

about its owner's other restaurant....

Do they actually do a delivery service? The page on this site says they do, but their own website doesn't mention it from what I can see....
Saturday 13 January 2007 9.22am
I went passed there at Christmas and it was being used as the hotels breakfast room.
Saturday 13 January 2007 10.52am
I heard gossip that the new resteraunt opening on Borough High street will be lebanese inspired. Its next door to Costa Coffee .
Zoe
Saturday 13 January 2007 11.30am
The terror raid wasn't connectd to the restaurant, it was a group of customers who were targetted.

The chinese restaurant has now closed down, which is a shame as it did really nice food. Does anyone know if it will re-open?

The Iranian restaurant below is very nice, the staff are great and it's very popular with Iranians, which must be a good sign. However, it's quite different to Lebanese food, so it's nice to hear that a Lebanese restaurant might be opening. Please keep us all updated!
Saturday 13 January 2007 1.02pm
I think Tas (who I don't think actually market their branches as "Turkish" restaurants although most menu items are in translitetated Turkish) have pretty much a monopoly in the local market for cuisine of the former Ottoman empire.

For the Lebanese national dish "kibbeh" read Turkish "içli köfte" or "Icli Kofte" on the Tas menu.
Sunday 14 January 2007 12.50am
Quote:
Are there any Lebanese restaurants in SE1?

No, but there is a Lesbian restaurant just across the border in SE17 near East Street. Does that count?
Sunday 14 January 2007 9.18pm
I have been told that there is a Lebanese restuarant opening in aabout a week's time next door to the Costa Coffee , on Borough High Street

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: