The Ring

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 13 January 2007 5.00pm
Had a really excellent lunch at The Ring today (on the corner of Blackfrairs Road and The Cut). Bangers and mash were hearty and the mashed potato really good (with a crispy outside). Mrs's C's burger looked good too.

Chris
Saturday 13 January 2007 6.10pm
If you could pen a short review for the restaurants/pubs/bars section, that would be great:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/postreview/284

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 15 January 2007 11.57am
Done.
Sunday 25 February 2007 9.19pm
We went to The Ring this evening for drinks today. My wife went to the ladies but there was no toilet tissue. I went to the gents on the way out and there was no toilet tissue in there either. You would think they would check now and again. Very sloppy service.
Monday 26 February 2007 12.10pm
That's really poor. I hope you said something?
Monday 26 February 2007 1.39pm
Three of us went into the The Ring a couple of weeks ago at 10.30pm and ordered a bottle of wine. The barman looked at his watch and said, "We are closing at 11!"

Now I don't know about anyone else but the three of us would have no problem in finishing a bottle of wine in half an hour. They then proceeded to start clearing up and putting chairs on tables at 10.45.

After a welcome(!) like that, I shan't be going back in there.
Monday 26 February 2007 2.20pm
[quote La Martinet]Three of us went into the The Ring a couple of weeks ago at 10.30pm and ordered a bottle of wine. The barman looked at his watch and said, "We are closing at 11!"
quote]

I always thought bars gave last orders at 11 and you had 30 minutes drinking up time??
Tuesday 27 February 2007 1.12pm
[quote Pops][quote La Martinet]Three of us went into the The Ring a couple of weeks ago at 10.30pm and ordered a bottle of wine. The barman looked at his watch and said, "We are closing at 11!"
quote]

I always thought bars gave last orders at 11 and you had 30 minutes drinking up time??[/quote]

Pubs give last orders at 10 to closing time, then call time, after which you've got I think 10 or 15 minutes drinking up time legally.
Sunday 27 May 2007 9.48pm
After the last posting the loo situation did improve and there was an abundance of paper in both male and female toilets. Unfortunately this has now run out and my wife reports there was no paper in the Ladies toilets again this evening, and also the pan was full of poo.
Monday 28 May 2007 9.25am
Yuk!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: