Miami Health Club (Gym) on Old Kent Rd - What's The Scoop?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Osamede Tuesday 16 January 2007 6.33am
Has anyone here used the gym on the Old kent Rd called Miami Health Club? The have a rate of 40/month, but limited hours as the only open after 10am. Just wondering what the overall quality of the place is like. Thanks.

Advertisement

Kara Tuesday 16 January 2007 9.51am
I went here a couple of time to use their sunbeds last year, although never used the gym. From what I can tell it was fairly small - with maybe 3/4 tredmills and then a weight machines on a seperate level, there was a downstairs level but from what I could tell this was for beauty treatments (although I could be wrong), there didn't seem much on offer to be honest. There is a side room for classes but everytime I went there they were running childrens judo classes. Compared to other gym's in the area I wouldn't say it was the greatest. Also when I got down there for my appointment at 10.00 there were sometimes last in opening so I had to wait for 5/10 mins - perhaps I'm being picky but this annoyed me slightly
amscott36 Saturday 30 June 2007 9.28pm
Hi there,

I have been going to the Miami Health Club for a number of years now. Compared to the other gyms in the area, they truly give you value for money, the proprietors are very professional and courteous at all times. The gym spans over three floors, and they have fantastic aerobic classes for both children and adults. I myself have had two children whilst being there, an in total I have lost a 8 stone of pregnancy weight in a matter of 3-6 months as the gym instructor was very thorough and gave me back my confidence after all that.
They also have 3 beauty rooms in which they do laser treatment for unwanted hairs to hen parties where they do special packages which includes sauna,steam room and 2 jacuzzi alongside a back massage. OK, its not the sanctuary, however i feel at home there,as it is about the atmosphere more than anything else.

I hope this helps you.

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions