Anyone know any good driving instructors?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 17 January 2007 11.18am

I want to start learning to drive in SE1. I live just off Borough High Street. Does anyone know of a good school that isn't too expensive? I looked at the AA and they were 27 per lesson, which seems crazy to me.

Ideally, I'd also like a female instructor.

Please let me know if anyone knows of any.

Wednesday 17 January 2007 2.11pm
hi chloe

I just learnt to drive with Daniel from BSM on the Walworth Road. He is a fantastic instructor, really patient and very calm. Its not cheap to learn to drive these days but I would definitely recommend 2 hour lessons because you actually feel like you achieve something in that time. If you only do one hour lessons then you're fairly likely to spend at least half of it sat in traffic. I did 2 hours per week with Daniel and passed in 10 weeks.

Sorry I can't recommend a female instructor though...
Good luck!
Wednesday 17 January 2007 2.55pm
Thanks Tanya. Did you have any driving experience before you started? How much were the lessons?

Wednesday 17 January 2007 2.58pm
I'd had one lesson about a year before so I had very limited experience. I think the lessons were just under 25 per hour, so just under 50 for 2 hours. Expensive yes, but worth it in the end as I didn't take that long to pass and he was a great instructor.
Wednesday 17 January 2007 3.07pm
That sounds amazing. Did you have anyone's car to practise in inbetween lessons, or did you just pass from the lessons?
Thursday 18 January 2007 10.14am
I did have a car to practice on but I didn't do a huge amount of driving between lessons.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: