Hairline By Charlie

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Kara Wednesday 17 January 2007 2.54pm
On Dunton Road (Next to Dun Cow Surgery) - has anyone been to this hairdressers at all ??? All I'm after is a trim and I don't fancy paying 40 plus for two inches of hair being taken off, I've seen the other threads re hairdressers but what with the excess of Christmas I am really poor and can't afford to go there at the moment. If anyone has any recommendations as well that would be great.
Thanks in advance
Kara
La Martinet Wednesday 17 January 2007 4.14pm
It might be too far for you Kara but Savanna's on Blackfriars Rd (near the Webber St junction) do cuts at half price if you go on a weekday morning (from when they open until about 12, I think).

They all seem to be Colombian and are really nice. I've been going there since they opened a few years ago. They also do the full range of beauty treatments at very reasonable prices.

The number is: 020 7928 5577

No connection...
RR Wednesday 17 January 2007 5.47pm
STOP! the best place you can go is the SE1 salon at the bottom of bermondsey strett. the junior stylist is really good, its 25 for a wash cut and blow dry and she cut my hair as good as anyone i've paid hundreds for. I went on a rainy day so just had a wet cut which only cost me 15. I definately recommend this place. I'll be going back there
chuckalata Thursday 18 January 2007 10.02am
Why don't you try asking if they could get you a trainee haircut? Most salons need people to come in and be a practice head for their trainees, and they're supervised, so shouldn't be able to ruin your hair. And most salons wouldn't want you to leave and tell everyone it was a disaster anyway...
Kara Thursday 18 January 2007 10.30am
Thanks Chuckalata, I have done in the past but rather than take off the 2 inches I was after they lopped off about 4. So now have a bit of a phobia about going, probably why I haven't been in 2 years now
Pops Thursday 18 January 2007 12.00pm
I went to Toni and Guy and had a trainee cut my hair, it was the best cut I ever had, cost 10 and because they dont get paid a wage you can leave them a bigger tip.
JonR Thursday 18 January 2007 12.42pm
Kara
MrsR has been to Hairline by Charlie, and she said that it was ok, and not too expensive.

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions