Burger King / Shell premises Walworth Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
TAK
Friday 19 January 2007 6.03pm
Does anyone know what's happening to the premisses where Shell and Burger King were at the top end of Walworth Road?
I was told by staff it would be replaced with flats but I only found refused / withdrawn planning applications on the Southwark online planning register.
Tuesday 23 January 2007 5.46pm
I wondered myself, until I received a letter today from the council saying Galliard intend to build 150 residential units there.
Wednesday 24 January 2007 12.12pm
It's Goldcrest not Galliard, and there's mention of a Kwik Fit site there also.
Wednesday 24 January 2007 12.19pm
http://www.goldcrestland.com/sites/walworth.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
TAK
Wednesday 24 January 2007 1.28pm
Thanks
Thursday 25 January 2007 4.02pm
Are there any architects drawings or sketches of what the development might look like? As I walked past the site today I wondered whether tenants of the new pastel-coloured blocks will get much light, with a new block of flats in front of their windows!
Wednesday 14 May 2008 9.27am
Last night Southwark's planning committee resolved to grant planning permission for a development by Goldcrest of 73 new homes in a building ranging from 4 to 8 storeys on this site.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 15 May 2008 1.17pm
Today the site was filled with various TV/film production vehicles and several people wandering around in police uniforms... some kind of police drama being filmed locally?
Thursday 15 May 2008 7.36pm
The goldcrest website talks about 143 units, did the scheme get reduced in size? Am I right thinking that Kwik Fit is not part of this development?
Friday 16 May 2008 9.59am
They are and have been filming a number of shows. The Bill seems to be currently based there - It's a useful spot for them as the Heygate Estate opposite provides a good location - particularly since it's getting emptier by the day!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: