The Leather Exchange pub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Sunday 21 January 2007 8.00pm
An Andy Warhol portrait of a cow stares down at you as you sink into your leather sofa to peruse an arthouse theatre flyer... The Leather Exchange on Leathermarket Street is very New Bermondsey. It was revamped by new management towards the end of last year and the stylish decor has transformed a tired pub and got it buzzing again with a younger crowd. The staff are attitude-free, the music's pretty good without being over-obtrusive and there's a decent wine list as well as a good selection of beers and spirits. The food is much better than your average pub grub too without trying to be gastro - well-presented and home-made burgers and chips, fish and chips, bangers and mash etc. There's also a big upstairs room for party hire which is a real find.
Sunday 21 January 2007 9.09pm
Welcome to the forum, rich

I can't say that I thought the place looked very "tired" prior to the change of management, but then hey I'm not part of the demographic looking for yet another pub/bar catering to a "buzzing" "younger crowd".

Perhaps you'd care to reassure us all that you have absolutely no connection to the new management?
Sunday 21 January 2007 9.24pm
Hi Lang Rabbie, no I'm not connected to the new management but, if I tell them I've recommended their pub here, I expect a pint on the house! I seem to remember the Leather Exchange was a bit tired before its makeover. It's busier and somewhat younger now without losing its trad pub appeal, without being up itself. Which pubs in the area do you like?
Sunday 21 January 2007 10.17pm
Crikey, Rich, do you work in marketing?
Sunday 21 January 2007 11.33pm
I'm in the media so if my words sounded like a positive review by a critic that's probably why!
TAK
Monday 22 January 2007 12.59am
rich wrote:
... no I'm not connected to the new management but, if I tell them I've recommended their pub here, I expect a pint on the house!...

To me, this sounds like rich is actually rather poor and desperate!
Monday 22 January 2007 2.20am
TAK wrote:

Ouch! That sounds a bit rich for my liking.
Monday 22 January 2007 9.28am
take plenty of money with you if going in there as i went in there with some friends a couple of weeks ago and was shocked at how expensive it was.
TAK
Monday 22 January 2007 9.53am
Sidney wrote:
TAK wrote:

Ouch! That sounds a bit rich for my liking.

Sorry guys, was not meant to be bitchy. Just thought the whole thing was a bit odd.
Monday 22 January 2007 10.03am
I can afford a pint thanks TAK!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: