Late night venues in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 22 January 2007 1.52pm
Hi,

I have booked a venue for my 30th birthday (see seperate thread) around the SE1 area, but with a closing time of 1am I am a little concerned that I might need somewhere to go onto for the night owls amongst us.

Does anyone know of anywhere open until the wee hours around the SE1 area ? If so, recommendations for and against are also welcomed too !

Ideally looking for somewhere with more of a bar than a club flavour. Certainly not after ministry of banging techno sound type venues - too old for all of that :)

Many thanks,
Ben
Monday 22 January 2007 2.29pm
Don't know when your party is but I've been to a Northern Soul/Tamla/60s R&B night at Jax. It's really good fun, definitely not 'bangin' but very dancey. It's only once a month and I think the next one is Feb 2nd (friday) but I'll check that.
It might be worth checking with them what's on the night of your birthday as they do have one-offs that might suit you.
I've no connection to there apart from having been twice.
Monday 22 January 2007 2.43pm
BenTurner wrote:
Certainly not after ministry of banging techno sound type venues - too old for all of that :)

Can't agree with that!
Monday 22 January 2007 6.02pm
I've been to Lazy at the end of Tooley St a couple of times at around 1am and it's had a great atmosphere and seems to stay open until the small hours
Tuesday 30 January 2007 8.09pm
Looked around a while, but seems only Belushis is open after 1am (Lazy bar shuts at 1:30am it seems).

However info on late night spots around SE1 seems quite sparse, so if anyone else knows of anything else happening Saturday night, please drop a post here.

Thanks,
Ben
TAK
Wednesday 31 January 2007 12.14am
La Bodeguita (inside the Elephant and Castle shopping centre) is open till very late on Saturday nights I think it's a Latin American type of place. I believe it gets more clubby later at night as they close the blinds, turn up the music and switch some disco lights on. Never ever been inside (yet), only know about it because I can hear them from my flat.....
Wednesday 31 January 2007 2.47pm
The Rose on the junction of Snowsfields and Weston St. is often still going when I pass it in the early hours on a Saturday. It might just be because its a lock-in though. Chat with bar staff. They're very friendly.
I'd avoid Belushis. Its horrible.
Wednesday 31 January 2007 2.53pm
tony d wrote:
Don't know when your party is but I've been to a Northern Soul/Tamla/60s R&B night at Jax. It's really good fun, definitely not 'bangin' but very dancey. It's only once a month and I think the next one is Feb 2nd (friday) but I'll check that.

Sounds cool, might pop along - where is Jax?
Wednesday 31 January 2007 2.54pm
the Hartley always seems to be open late at the weekend, but I'm not sure til what time
Wednesday 31 January 2007 4.04pm
Jonathan K wrote:
tony d wrote:

Sounds cool, might pop along - where is Jax?

I think it's Jacks, and it's on Crucifix Lane, at the junction with Bermondsey St. Ish.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: