Wedding venues - help

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Tuesday 23 January 2007 1.08pm
Hi, I'm having a terrible nightmare trying to sort out a wedding receiption, preferably in SE1 as this is the area I know and love.
Does anyone know of any great pubs or restaurants which hire out rooms and can do a fab spread, bar, DJ, that kind of thing?
Any suggestions welcome. We plan to get married at the Peckham registry office and go on from there to a fun do afterwards.

Tuesday 23 January 2007 1.15pm
Village East do great food, have two bars and are often closed for private functions. Might be worth speaking to them. Delfina also has some amazing function rooms and, again, the food is great.

Tuesday 23 January 2007 1.18pm
I got married about 6 weeks ago and couldn't find anywhere in the SE1 area to accommodate what we wanted. In the end we got married in the Trafalgar Tavern - it's in SE10 - Greenwich so a bit out the way but it is a lovely venue, and the two women who run it Gemma and Gillian were amazing. - although there is no hotel attached. I also looked at Devonport House in SE10 which was a bit more pricey.
I got some broachers on the Museum of Garden history - (I think that's what it's called) on Lambert place road, but again no overnight and you had to bring in outside caters, I'm sure that Vinopolis do a wedding package as well and there is a travel inn opposite that.

If you need a florist I highly recommend - Designer petals Flowers - just Google her. She done all of our flowers and they were amazing, she lives in Essex but travels in to central and south London. Because she is freelance she is incredibly reasonable, the next nearest quote to hers which we got was at least 500 more.

Have fun planning your wedding - as I'm sure you can tell I miss planning mine. Check out confetti and Hitched websites as well as the girls over there give great advise.
Tuesday 23 January 2007 1.22pm
Have you though about La Laterna at Shad Thames, in my view the best Italian Rest in London. check them out here

(no connection - just a very very satisfied customer)
Wednesday 24 January 2007 8.55am
Thanks everybody for your help - I really appreciate it! Will check out these venues and fingers crossed for a lovely wedding...

Wednesday 24 January 2007 9.48am
Hello & congratulations ! i had my wedding reception on the HMS Belfast last September.We had a champagne reception on the deck followed by a disco downstairs.let me know if you're interested & i'll give you the contact details.
Monday 5 February 2007 11.19pm
Has anyone got any recommendations for venues for the wedding itself? I'm hoping to have a v small civil wedding, preferably in SE1, but everywhere seems geared to hosting the whole day, rather than just the wedding itself. Apart from the London Eye, but that costs 1700 for just 19 people!
Tuesday 6 February 2007 9.24am
Hi, Southwark registry office is the obvious choice! (That's where we're doing it). There are not that many registered venues in SE1 but the registry office should be able to give you a list. Vinopolis I think can do weddings, also the George pub, Golden Hinde (I think) etc etc. But my feeling was that these sorts of places will want to not only marry you but also do the reception as well, so if that's not what you want, there are not so many choices. You could always try annother borough, eg Greenwich is covered by lewisham and there may be more possibilities there.

Good luck

ps the list is avail at don't know if that's up to date
Tuesday 6 February 2007 9.58am
You can get married in Tower Bridge - for a price

And this looks useful...
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: