Cafes in Walworth

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 January 2007 12.26pm
Just moved into the area - just off walworth road - and though the area is peppered with greasy spoons i'm yet to find a good cafe for leisurely weekend breakfasts - does anyone have any recommendations? (or for pubs, restaurants more generally?)
Wednesday 24 January 2007 12.32pm
Hi, and welcome to the area. Don't really know any good greasy spoons in Walworth, but if you don't mind a walk then I recommend The Hartley on Tower Bridge Rd - very nice food, can sit and relax and read the papers, Sunday lunches are good there too. Also the Garrison is good on Bermondsey st.
Wednesday 24 January 2007 3.02pm
The Beehive, behind Walworth Road on Carter Street, is a really lovely pub, good place for weekend lunches. I think there's a cafe in the crypt of St Peter's church, but I've never been there. Otherwise, your best bet is closer to Borough market. Typing this has made me realise how sadly lacking in nice places to linger over a coffee there are in Walworth!
Wednesday 24 January 2007 7.25pm
the Roebuck on Gt Dover St/Trinity St is ok on a sunday...all the papers, backgammon board, decent wine etc. The only downside is the food - decidedly average at best, though it is reasonably priced.
Wednesday 24 January 2007 8.30pm
There is one on Walworth Road which looks like a decent little coffee bar. Can't remember what it's called or exactly where it is (I walk the full length of Walworth Road on the way to work, but am out of the office for the next couple of weeks). It's on the east side of the road with an orangey awning. Haven't tried it but it LOOKS quite nice.
Sunday 4 February 2007 4.26pm
thanks for the tips - the search for a good local cafe goes on - but i can heartily endorse the food at the beehive - i'm already a regular visitor there!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: