Chipped bath

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 25 January 2007 8.12am
Help! Someone has chipped my bath. Does anyone know anyone who can repair it? I know you can get the DIY kits, but I don't want to do it myself.
Thursday 25 January 2007 9.26am
Get them to buy you a new one!!!
Thursday 25 January 2007 9.54am
It depends on what kind of bath you have - but the Guardian "Home Solves" page (which I think is very good) recommends these guys who have a London office and who do chip repairs:

Renubath Services London
246 Lillie Road,
SW6 7QA
Tel: 0800 018 7368
Fax: 020 7381 8907
Thursday 25 January 2007 10.26am
Aren't you in New Zealand?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 25 January 2007 10.29am
I had our bath re-enamelled. It was quite a process, took all day and was quite expensive. Though I felt a bit better when I saw the price of similar baths in Lassco at Vauxhall.

My builder repaired some small chips in a bath in a rental property using a DIY kit. Did the job and was cheap but it didn't look brilliant.

(I never did work out how the tenants managed it. The bath was only 3 months old.)
Thursday 25 January 2007 7.07pm
In New Zealand they have a bath outside on a rock overlooking a lake - I've seen it on TV so it must be true.
Friday 26 January 2007 9.43pm
Thanks for the tip, Siduhe. The perpetrator of the crime against enamel has contacted them, and they are coming next week to repair the chip. The quote is pretty expensive, but I don't care as I'm not paying (in fact, I'm pretty pleased it's expensive - that'll teach him for chipping my bath. Ha!) I'll report back on the quality of the repair. If the repair isn't good enough then I shall be demanding a new bath!
Friday 26 January 2007 9.51pm
Jackie - having a spa bath on the deck overlooking the sea is on my wishlist. Once it's installed you are welcome to come and try it out.
Saturday 27 January 2007 12.08am
In the meantime, Jackie could install a bath outside on her terrace, overlooking the Elephant and Castle.
Saturday 27 January 2007 12.15am
Oh, Jackie, do!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: