Ufford Street and surrounding streets, Waterloo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 27 January 2007 8.05am
I found Ufford Street for the first time last night, it's such a pretty street! A bit of googling would indicate that maybe it is some kind of social housing / low income housing etc. Does anybody know for sure what exactly it is? Thanks!
Saturday 27 January 2007 8.36am
The cottages opposite the park, I think belong to he Church Commission. Low income housing it is not, the rents there are very high. Crime is quiet bad around there aswel.
Saturday 27 January 2007 8.59am
Really? what sort of crime? It is just off the Cut, seemed alright to me.
Monday 29 January 2007 11.07am
Pops wrote:
The cottages opposite the park, I think belong to he Church Commission. Low income housing it is not, the rents there are very high. Crime is quiet bad around there aswel.

I walk through Ufford St virtually everyday and have done so for the last 9 years and I have to say I have never been aware of any crime.
Monday 29 January 2007 11.14am
So no one has seen drug dealing in the park then?? The cottages have been broken into on many occassions.
Monday 29 January 2007 11.15am
The park on Ufford St, which appeared to be gated and locked? Or another one?
Monday 29 January 2007 11.29am
I have lived just around the corner on the Cut for over a year and a half and have not seen or heard of any criminal activity??
Tuesday 15 May 2007 5.11pm
I have spent many weeks, this year and other years, sitting working at a desk overlooking the Ufford St Recreation Ground. You quite often see vagrants taking an al fresco pee, but I've never seen any violence/drug-taking/etc.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: