Twelfth Night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Richard Stompidou Sunday 28 January 2007 12.06am
Just seen Twelfth Night at the Old Vic. Highly recommended. The best, most entertaining, moving, physical, and altogether delightful production you'll ever see. And don't miss the local reference:

Antonio (to Sebastian): "In the south suburbs, at the Elephant, is best to lodge."

Related news & features

LelB Sunday 28 January 2007 2.02am
I second that & if you haven't seen their Taming of The Shrew yet go see that as well - this company do fantastic Shakespeare! They are the best ensemble company I've ever come across. I'm a bit of a fan as you can no doubt tell!
chustler Monday 29 January 2007 10.40am
Does anyone happen to know if there's still residents 5 tickets for this wednesday?
James Hatts Monday 29 January 2007 10.43am
The 5 offer doesn't apply for the current Shakeseare plays as it's a visiting company (Propeller) rather than the Old Vic's own production.

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
JaneS Monday 29 January 2007 11.15am
There are cheap tickets for under 25s though, I think, same as usual.
chustler Monday 29 January 2007 12.23pm
JaneS wrote:
There are cheap tickets for under 25s though

(sigh) ..... if only I was...
lagse1 Saturday 3 February 2007 12.10am
James Hatts wrote:
The 5 offer doesn't apply for the current Shakeseare plays as it's a visiting company (Propeller) rather than the Old Vic's own production.

Oh yes it does......! Oh no it doesn't...!
this might not be the pantomime but we bought 5 res tickets last saturday from the box office for the performance this weds past and got front row of the Lilian Baylis circle - so go, it's brilliant if you can avoid the GCSE teens. But the res tickets for The Entertainer are possibly the worst they've offered so far (bench or restricted view) largely because Robert Lindsey is going to be quite a crowd puller - what with his new Tony Blair alter ego and it being a show about a man with delusions of his past glory...!
phoenix Saturday 3 February 2007 11.44pm
I was at the Old Vic today for the Community Day. It started at 10 am, with workshops and after lunch we saw Twelfth Night.

What a great work - I invited my god daughter, her Mum and sis. 12, 15 and 40 + , and we all enjoyed it.

The play of course requires concentration and perhaps some knowledge of the story/ text. But they physicality of it, as mentioned does pull you in.

Recommended.
mac Thursday 8 February 2007 12.11pm
We went to see Twelfth Night on Tues evening and it was excellent. I don't reallly like Shakespere that much (Mr Mac is a fan), but even I liked it. We were in the Lillian Baylis Circle (the uppermost one) with hundreds of 6th formers, who chatted a bit, climbed over seats etc. Tickets were 25 each, which I think is quite expensive. The place was packed out though - I would definately recommend it. The seats are uncomfortable though
KM Friday 9 February 2007 9.45am
I also went to the Community Day perf on Saturday afternoon and really enjoyed it. No actual stand out single performances but what a great ensemble. Thank you for the day and tix Old Vic outreach people!.

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions