Police in Gaywood Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 28 January 2007 6.54am
For a couple of days now there have been police cars non stop at a house half way down Gaywood Street. Strangely, although gossip has it that a man was arrested a day ago, and although there are at least two flats in the house, the front door has been kept open day and night, with a police car permanently parked outside. Just looked out today and the car is gone, but there is a policeman on duty standing outside the front door. Anyone know what is happening?
Monday 29 January 2007 7.29am
all is revealed. The arrested man has been charged with the murder of that New Zealand girl in her office in Kennington. He was unemployed apparently and was renting the flat in Gaywood Street. The police have been there day and night taking stuff away and guarding the premises and will apparently be there until Wednesday.
Monday 29 January 2007 10.45am
This is awful to hear. A suspected killer living in the area.
Monday 29 January 2007 1.01pm
not great when it is just opposite your house!
Tuesday 30 January 2007 10.11pm
I read about this poor girl being murdered when I was in New Zealand - it was on the front page of the New Zealand Herald. One of my friends worked at the same company; as you can imagine everyone there is devastated. The company has moved into temporary premises because they can't go back to the offices while the murder investigation is underway, but apparently they will never go back there now.
Wednesday 31 January 2007 6.32am
I thought the police had gone away, but just looked outside. The front door of the house is open with a police car parked outside. They arrested the man on Friday or Saturday so cannot imagine why they are still there.

It must be horrible for your friend and colleagues of the girl. I can quite understand why they would not want to return to the offices.
Wednesday 31 January 2007 9.50am
chavender - I have slightly edited your message. Hope that's OK.

Everyone - please don't speculate about what may or may not have happened. Thanks.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 31 January 2007 9.57am
James, I don't mean this to sound agressive (!) I am just interested, why can't we speculate about what might have happened?
Thanks
Cateness
Wednesday 31 January 2007 10.03am
The Contempt of Court Act!

http://www.media-solicitors.co.uk/contempt9.htm
http://www.media-solicitors.co.uk/contempt8.htm

That's why I'm not keen on messages that imply guilt etc.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 31 January 2007 10.17am
Thanks for providing that information and it is entirly reasonable! I suppose this (the forum) feels so informal, a bit like chatting with a person you meet in the street, that you forget about all the other people who also have access to the conversation.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: