Borough Market petition nearly 20 thousand

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Monday 29 January 2007 1.23am
Since planning permission was granted the pole has really taken off I notice it now comes up near the top on Google , which it didn't do before permission was granted ,which is a shame .
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?sabmac2
Monday 29 January 2007 10.23pm
My god,
going at this rate ther will be a million by the summer.
Thursday 1 February 2007 1.50pm
Someone has started a petition on the Downing Street site as well:
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BoroughMarket/

Though it seems to me that another petition may serve to confuse things when the SABMAC one has so many signatures.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 2 February 2007 12.21am
The no 10 petition refers to the "planned destruction of the existing borough market"... which is even more exaggerated than the one Micky is promoting!
Friday 2 February 2007 1.28pm
There is still a lot of confusion regarding the state of play with the survival of market. I'm told a presenter on LBC this morning announced that BM is to be closed, but gave no details or reference for this story other than an email from a listener who had presumably grasped the wrong end of a stick and shaken it to bits.

At the other extreme a recent item on Radio London featured a very condescending Network Rail rep who glossed over any suggestion that access to and operation of the market would be remotely affected by this huge project. He also gave the impression that the project will ahead, despite the fact that it does not yet have funding - and that issue will not be resolved until later this year. One thing won't change - it has planning permission and no amount of petition[s] will alter that fact - it is now a question of if/when and how much of it gets built, producing the conditions of uncertainty about the future that BM traders are having to deal with at the moment.
Friday 2 February 2007 2.04pm
Richard Stompidou wrote:
The no 10 petition refers to the "planned destruction of the existing borough market"... which is even more exaggerated than the one Micky is promoting!

Exactly. The market's going nowhere. It will change because of the development, but somewhat less than the changes it has already seen over the past 10 years.
Friday 2 February 2007 4.05pm
I gather the presenters of the LBC item exhibited their extensive knowledge of London by guessing that BM might be in Hackney [or possibly Peckham] and that the likely fate of the current market would be to have developers building flats on it. They obviously know something we don't....except the location of the market in the first place, that is.
Friday 2 February 2007 4.27pm
Do you know what time it was discussed on LBC (approximately)?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 3 February 2007 8.29pm
I don't think the description on the official petition is exaggerated,
It plays to much on its use a film location for my liking ,but its not exaggerated.
The 34 000 signatures are at last starting to showing the way people really feel about it.

Net work rail probably started the 10 downing st one .just so they can say .

Look people are exaggerating the impact.

Stranger things have happened
Wednesday 7 February 2007 10.01am
This was covered in an article in the Indepenent's magazine yesterday:

http://comment.independent.co.uk/columnists_m_z/john_walsh/article2242369.ece
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: