Donations wanted - Kennington Association Bazaar 24 February

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 31 January 2007 3.21pm
The Kennington Association will be holding a Bazaar on Saturday, 24th February 11am until 2pm.

So time for a clear out. I will be happy to collect or store stuff some time between now and then. Or donations can be dropped off at St Anslem's Church Hall, Kennington Cross, on:

Friday 23rd February 5.30pm til 8pm

Saturday 24th February 9am til 10am

Kennington Association Bazaar's are big local occassions and well worth visiting. Especially as money raised will go directly to Vauxhall City Farm's Riding for the Disabled project.

You might also like to know that as well as lots of other animals,the farm has 5 horses. If you are interested in lessons, disabled or not, the phone number is 020 7582 4204.

And if anyone wants to help out on the day of the bazaar itself you will be very welcome. I can pass on contact details.

Sarah
Monday 5 February 2007 1.26pm
Hi Sarah, I live in SE1 and certainly could find some cds, dvds, teddy bear ornaments and the like to be given to your worthy cause, unfortunately I do not have a car and so your collection of the same would be most welcome. Are you contactable on the number given in your posting? Regards, Sally
Monday 5 February 2007 1.50pm
No that is for the farm, and potential riders.

Will PM
Monday 5 February 2007 5.13pm
Yikes, I clicked on the Kennington Association website (which I found by Searching the archives of this very website) to get more info about the event, and if offered me "Saggy and Asian Pantie" and worse. I think their website
has been hijacked, unless this is an event even more alternative than the Homo Homemakers event at St Johns Waterloo.
Tuesday 6 February 2007 12.38pm
Wow.

I'm on the committee and this exciting event had passed me by.

Agendas usually include Tai Chi for pensioners, table tennis, Secret Santa and car boot sales. But I agree that it is important for local organisations to be inclusive.

The morning journey to work is made mildly more interesting by watching people stagger out of the many clubs round Vauxhall station. I also used to like the way the Vauxhall Tavern and the City Farm held sports days and open days on Spring Gardens on consecutive weekends. SE1 is good, but SE11 is equally interesting.

Can't promise too much for the advertised bazaar, but lets see. Andrew has given me some interesting ideas.

Sarah
Tuesday 20 February 2007 9.28am
****bump****

And thanks. You know who you are.....
Thursday 22 February 2007 12.52pm
I am also happy to pick up anything tonight or tomorrow.

And do come along.

More generally the Kennington Association hold regular bazaars, boot sales and the like, and the money goes directly to local causes. So if in the future you are having a clear out and have good quality stuff you would like to get rid of, do get in touch.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: