Good Chinese take-away

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Saturday 3 February 2007 11.15am
Hi can anyone recommend a good Chinese take-away or delivery place? Preferably around the TBR area.

Saturday 3 February 2007 12.07pm
Thai any good? Thai Silk do fantastic delivery.
Saturday 3 February 2007 1.19pm
Dragon Castle on Walworth Road, the subject of many other postings on this website (it is very good indeed) do takeaway.
Saturday 3 February 2007 2.50pm
Thanks for the recommendations.
I do like Thai and been to Thai silk and also Suchard several times, both very good I think too.
And also like the dim sum in Dragon Castle, but was looking for somewhere a bit cheaper than restaurant prices, but still really good for a take-away around the TBR or OKR area.
Thanks again.
Saturday 3 February 2007 2.58pm
I have been using this place for years, and always found it good value - the food is consistently good...

Also, this place...

does a great "eat all you can" buffet on Sundays - recommended when you are fed up with Sunday roast!!!
Saturday 3 February 2007 5.23pm
I use Wing Fu on OKR, the are good and the food is always fresh
Saturday 3 February 2007 6.48pm
Thames Takeaway has my vote too - our whole company uses them - good food, nice people !
Saturday 3 February 2007 8.38pm
Never heard of Thames Takeaway. Where r they based???
Sunday 4 February 2007 12.11am
I like Cheung Wah on Grange Road. Although I have to say I'm no connoiseur of Chinese food, and tend to judge places on the quality of their mushroom foo yung and chips. But, having said that, I am very fussy about my mushroon foo yung - theirs is fabulous, and I am assured by my boyfriend that their beef dishes are good. I always find their food to be fresh and well cooked, and they seem happy to adapt dishes to cater for different tastes. The people that run it are very friendly, and they do free delivery on orders over 10 (actually, for two people that means ordering far more than you can eat because their portions are huge).
Monday 5 February 2007 9.07am
I think i have said before on another thread but we stopped using Cheung Wah after my husband found 1/2 of something nasty is his dish!!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: