Cobbler's Nest

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 4 February 2007 9.14pm
Hi,
Can anyone tell me where the Cobbler's Nest man has moved to? He said he was moving around the corner from Borough High St., but I don't know where..

Thanks.
Saturday 24 February 2007 10.14pm
Anyone?
Saturday 24 February 2007 10.32pm
He told me he was moving to the little group of shops on Red Cross St, but that doesn't appear to be the case. He had my mobile number to tell me where he'd end up but alas I lost the phone!
Sunday 25 February 2007 9.06am
There you are Tolstoy, ages since we heard from you. Losing your phone is no excuse. Stiofan, why dont you ask Directory Enquiries?
Monday 26 February 2007 12.52am
No luck, needless to say.. Ah well, will have to find a timpson's over the water......... am sure we'll have one soon to service the glut of new residents we'll have with all these 2 bed 2 bath flats springing up at every corner........
Monday 26 February 2007 8.40am
Ah well, will have to find a timpson's over the water.........

i normally use Kehoes on corner of Borough High Street & St Thomas St for shoe repairs / key cutting.Lovely chaps & better value than Timpsons.
Monday 26 February 2007 11.57am
Good news for once!
I too had been mourning the loss of Coblers' nest. he is a fantastic shoe mender and rebuilt my boots two years ago when timpsons had said they were irreparable. But I found him this morning, moving into a shop off Marshalsea Road. It Redcorss Street, I think, the one that goes down to Redcross Garden and the Cathedral School. Anyway be is next door to Omar's Cafe, and said he shoudl be up and running in a week or so, but he could do a bit of work now. So don't go to Timpsons, they are hopeless.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: