Chino Latino - 50% off, but what's it like?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 7 February 2007 3.35pm
Anyone been?
Wednesday 7 February 2007 4.33pm
Yes. Twice
Wednesday 7 February 2007 8.52pm
Care to elaborate?! What's it like?
Thursday 8 February 2007 8.54am
I've been with LottieNancyB, and we had a great time.

Good food, trendy decor (I know, I know, like I'd know ;-)

It is a bit hotellish, particularly the bar area, but in a way that is quite fun, because you can sit there with a coffee after the meal and watch the world go by, like Hotel Babylon!

Regards,

Loafer
Thursday 8 February 2007 10.19am
Sorry. It was meant in jest.

The streacth of the river between Lambeth and Vauxhall bridges is far less developed than elsewhere in SE1. (Yes it is SE1!) Thus Kennington folk are likely to get quite excited by anything new. (Pizza Express arriving at Kennington Cross was a major event eight years ago.)

In that context it is strange and glam though even at half price not cheap. The food is a curious type of Asian fusion and the atmosphere is pink lights, odd presumably ultra fashionable music, mixed with transient hotel. So fun to visit, but I doubt it will tempt real many locals away from the Kennington Tandoori.
Thursday 8 February 2007 10.40am
I've also been a couple of times. The food is very good and the cocktails are lethal, but it's a strange and slightly soulless space. The staff are very friendly and obliging, but I think I would prefer going there as part of a larger group (where you kind of make your own atmosphere) than as a couple.
Saturday 10 February 2007 11.40am
The bar is nice, but pricey.

It's a shame the hotel isn't more considerate of its neighbours...

...noisy delivery/collection at 1am on a Monday morning, anyone?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: