Tito's Peruvian restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 8 February 2007 4.11pm
I am thinking of trying Tito's Peruvian restaurant (by London bridge) tonight. Has anyone been there?
Thursday 8 February 2007 10.51pm
It looks dire. Tell us all about it.
Thursday 8 February 2007 11.01pm
Is there really guinea pig, or is that a myth?
Friday 9 February 2007 9.52am
Well, that was disappointing. Food was mildly warm and tasteless and there was no atmosphere. I wrongly expected lots of City people would dine there before boarding their trains. The 80's punk music was out of place. After experiencing the great Fina Estampa, that was a real let down.
Tuesday 13 February 2007 6.54pm
How gutting- I was getting restless for a south american fix.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever been to the Columbian/Bolivian place which is underneath the pool hall on Duke Street Hill/Tooley Street?

I've never yet seen anyone in there and keep wondering if it's a front for something??
Wednesday 14 February 2007 11.04am
There was an interview in Time Out with the owner recently, and she says it is very busy with London Peruvians on a Sunday.

For South American food, I personally recommend the Ecuadorean lunch place in the E&C shopping centre, weekends only at the New Kent Road entrance on the first floor. It is more a kiosk-with-tables than a restaurant, but the food is fantastic. Much much better than La Bodeguita.
Wednesday 14 February 2007 11.08am
chustler wrote:
Speaking of which, has anyone ever been to the Columbian/Bolivian place which is underneath the pool hall on Duke Street Hill/Tooley Street?

I've never yet seen anyone in there and keep wondering if it's a front for something??

I've been to a wedding reception there and eaten there once or twice on other occasions but not for a few years now. It's quite nice, nothing special, but if you like South American food it's worth checking out.
Wednesday 14 February 2007 12.30pm
Toto's is a bit pants. I had something that sounded interesting but turned out to be a giant potato croquette with cheddar in the middle!
They're fry up breakfasts take an age too, though they're ok.
Friday 23 February 2007 9.02pm
i went there last friday after tate modern... had a chilli duck with rice, it was fine. my friend had some steak with fries an egg and a whole load of other stuff. i cant say its the greatest place to eat, but it was not bad at all, portions are huge and reasonably priced
Saturday 24 February 2007 8.39pm
Yulia, I think you went on the ground floor which is like a dinner with mixed British/Peruvian dishes. Upstairs is the actual restaurant which I found disappointing.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: