Perronet House

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Sunday 11 February 2007 8.09pm
Monday 12 February 2007 4.32pm
You would never know so much happened in that block until reading that.
Wednesday 14 February 2007 2.34pm
Richard sounds like a Saint! The South London Press are touting for new columnists (don't want to pay - just offer the chance to get your rants about/views on living in South London in print). Richard should definately give it a go!!

No matter how I struggle and strive, I'll never get out of this world alive. - Little Willys
Thursday 15 February 2007 6.36pm
Have just checked this one out. I think he won BBC Talent two or three years ago, and has been involved in something called Guerrilla Gardening.
Friday 16 February 2007 2.17pm
That's right he is the guy behind Guerilla Gardening.
His twin brother and wife used to live opposite Perronnet in Metro Central Heights- they were neighbours of ours, and lovely people.
Reading his blog, I don't understand why people would want to live in that building- but flats in there come up for sale and are snapped up.
Friday 16 February 2007 9.42pm
It's popular because ex-local authority flats tend to be more generously proportioned than privately developed ones, and as far as council blocks go it looks quite well maintained (from the outside at least).
Saturday 17 February 2007 4.43pm
Yes the flats are really well designed and spacious - split level
Saturday 17 February 2007 6.22pm
I know I'm not going to be popular, but if he hates Peronet so much, I suggest he moves. His blog isn't particuarly shocking, if those things are the worst that has happened to him living in London, he should be happy.

If he rents, then there will be a long list of people wanting his flat, as rents are cheap. If he's bought, he should sell and move. But of course E&C is convenient, and everything will go up in value when the development is finsihed, maybe that's why people are keen to buy there.

I think the comment about it being a concrete deathtrap is particularly unhelpful. Many of us live in tower blocks and were disturbed by the fire in Albert Barnes. But there are actually very few deadly fires in tower blocks, and the Council and the Fire Brigade target tower blocks to fit free smoke alarms (I read that there was a fire recently in the Heygate, where a council fitted smoke alarm woke the residents at 4am, and saved their lives).

Looking at the aftermath of the fire in Albert Barnes, it's amazing that no one died, so obviously the flats must have something going for them.
Sunday 18 February 2007 12.05am
Where did you get the idea the blogger hates living at Perronet House? Sure, he talks about some tiresome aspects of life there, and there are things he would like to be changed, but the comments seems very sensible and justified, and on the whole he does seem to be happy. There is nothing wrong with wanting the best for your neighbours.
Sunday 18 February 2007 12.14am
Isn't the main purpose of his blog to be amusing in a kind of offbeat way? It's a bit Seinfeld, at least by my reckoning.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: