Simply Indian

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 12 February 2007 1.14pm
Fantastic! I went ages ago and it wasn't as good as last nights delivery. It took nearly an hour but so worth it. So fresh. A little bit more expensive than the usual sloppy stuff but there's no comparison. You could actully eat healthy from there. I'm veggie and I was spoilt for choice. Word of warning though. One dish, a cheese strips thing was very spicy. I loved it but my friend (who paid for it) couldn't eat it. The stuffed baby aubergine were amazing. I'm going to try to copy them.
Monday 12 February 2007 11.33pm
Delicious food in my experience, but portion control is too stingy for someone with my appetite!
Wednesday 14 February 2007 1.01pm
Yep. Small portions. Have you tried the vegetarian lunchtime eat as much as you like buffet? If its as good as the delivery we got I'm never gonna be out of there.
Monday 9 April 2007 8.44pm
simply indian is a really good indian takeaway. the menu has had a few changes over the past few years (as has their interior). have only eaten in once which was ok. whenever we have had takeaway or delivery they have without fail got something wrong! usually it's something minor but last time they sent us chicken livers instead of an okra side dish. i rang to tell them and they weren't particularly helpful or bothered. the food is fresh, menu varied and i would recommend it. just don't expect them to get the precise details correct..
Tuesday 10 April 2007 4.18am
I'm vegetarian so chicken anything is not acceptable if I order veggies.
Tuesday 10 April 2007 3.31pm
I love this place - TOm and I feasted like kings here on Friday night - 36 for more food than we could hope to eat. It's never failed us!
Wednesday 11 April 2007 10.16am
I only found this place ok, the sauce on my curry was exactly the same sauce used on the starter I had ordered - but had been promised by the waiter to be something "truly unique" or words to that effect! I prefer the new place Cafe Nawaz, around the corner.
Thursday 12 April 2007 1.55pm
I haven't been impressed either. I can see they are trying , but the flavour isn't there and some of their experiments go wrong - avoid the crab.
Quite oily too.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: