Theft of SE1 Mail Continues?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Monday 12 February 2007 11.17pm
I know there were problems with Royal Mail theft here in the past and it seemed to have subsided - at least where I live.

But then I had two packages stolen in the mail this past November - and in the past month three packages all sent to me by different people are missing. They too appear to have been stolen in the mail.

I'm still getting all my letters on time and untouched - it is just packages that are getting stolen. Anyone else having similar problem or noticed it?
Monday 12 February 2007 11.26pm
No problem with mine, but I don't usually receive parcels.

Just noticed this on the Metro Central Heights forum:

http://www.metrocentralheights.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=424
Tuesday 13 February 2007 11.45am
It might not be your postman taking the parcels, it may be that he is just leaving them outside your door if you are not in. I've had this several times from my postman, and he doesn't stop no matter how much I complain!!
Tuesday 13 February 2007 2.23pm
My post is very erratic. I now get anything valuable or remotely interesting delivered to work.
Tuesday 13 February 2007 10.33pm
se1sam wrote:
It might not be your postman taking the parcels, it may be that he is just leaving them outside your door if you are not in.

No nothing gets left at the doors - there is a process where the building porter signs for everything at it is logged, which we havent had a any problems with. But its not the first time I have had things stolen in the mail since moving to this neighbourhood. Seems to be rampant these days.
Thursday 15 February 2007 9.24am
It does feel like the SE1 postal service is deteriorating again.

Yesterday I received the 2 Feb issue of a weekly magazine I subscribe to.

I am still missing the issue before that, although the 9 Feb issue arrived on time.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 17 February 2007 4.01am
James Hatts wrote:
Yesterday I received the 2 Feb issue of a weekly magazine I subscribe to.

I am still missing the issue before that, although the 9 Feb issue arrived on time.

Oh that one (magazines turning up way off schedule) has been going on for ages for me, I havent really let it get to me, I know they are incompetent. But when they start stealing packages, that's a whole different story.
Saturday 17 February 2007 9.43am
This kind of thing isn't confined to SE1, that's for sure. When I lived in West London, all kinds of things went astray, my subscriptions to two magazines were suspended because the postal service claimed I didn't exist, and I even saw a postman dumping mail in the street because it was too much hassle to deliver it. I also used frequently to get other people's post, including on occasion post for an address in Dagenham. It's just depressing to learn that the problem may be as extreme - or more so - in SE1.
Saturday 17 February 2007 12.33pm
I have had two gas bills go missing in the last month - the original, and a replacement I then requested. These bills can be used as ID, so I am getting worried about identity theft. Anyone else experiencing anything like this at the moment? I am based at Bricklayers Arms.
Sunday 18 February 2007 11.43am
there's a guy called 'bob' (manager) at our sorting office (mandela way), who gave me a running commentary on who was ill and why. I didn't actually care for the excuses, but the end result is that the usual person who should answer the phone is long term off and they take it in turns or just not answer it.
the postie on our usual route (and probably a fair few others) is off ill too. long term.
so we get all and sundry on overtime.
missing post is a huge issue and they are not bothering to sort this out.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: