Gym in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 13 February 2007 12.04am
There's been some criticism here of a number of the local private gyms. Can anyone recommend a good gym in SE1? I'm looking for somewhere that is well equipped and not prohibitively expensive.
Tuesday 13 February 2007 7.25am
Soho in waterloo is really good, no criticisms from me at all. www.sohogyms.com
Tuesday 13 February 2007 11.35am
I second JaneS: Soho Gyms are excellent and by far the best gym in SE1! Affordable, clean, modern and very friendly staff.
Tuesday 13 February 2007 11.47am
The gym i am joined to is at the Beormund Centre. It is really cheap, something like 12 per year then 3 everytime you go, so no monthly charge.

Its not very big at all, but has all the equipment you would need and doesn't get too busy.

Only problem being its closed at weekends.
It open Mon-Fri 9-9
Tuesday 13 February 2007 11.50am
The gym at the beormund centre is really good value for money. Something like 12 per year then 3 everytime you go.

Its not big but has all the equipment other gym's have but just not as many. This doesn't seem to matter though as it doesn't get too busy in there.

Only problem with it is that its only open Mon-Fri 9-9, not weekends.
Tuesday 13 February 2007 12.05pm
The Gym in the circle is quite good and has a pool. However, not cheap at 70 per month
Tuesday 13 February 2007 5.32pm
The Colombo St gym is also excellent, with its focus on the local community (reduced fees within the area). It's a very comprehensive gym, with a good free weights selection alongside the usual machines but without the superhero posing (!)
Tuesday 13 February 2007 5.35pm
It's worth mentioning that the Colombo Centre has a coupon for a free workout on the back page of the current issue of 'in SE1' - download a copy from http://www.inSE1.co.uk

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 13 February 2007 6.00pm
Thanks for these replies. All very helpful. I shall check out my options, next time I'm feeling virtuous and interested in exercise!
Friday 23 February 2007 9.04pm
interesting, i was actually wondering about the gym/spa at the Circle. It'll be the closest to me once i move.

whats the spa there like? and is the gym worth 70 a month?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network