Interior Design

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 13 February 2007 11.56am
Hi I'm currently studying Interior Design and am looking to start my own business in the future. I was just looking for some feedback from people as to whether this is a service anyone in this particular area would be interested in.

I'm not sure as yet if starting an interior design business would have to mean moving out of London to an area that doesn't have this service as readily available to them as Londoners.

Thanks in advance for you time.
Friday 23 February 2007 9.06pm
what year are you in? and have you got anything to show?

I am looking to move to SE1 end of march, and I wdnt mind some interior design advice /help.
Wednesday 28 February 2007 11.04am
I think there's still room in London for more interior designers - but think about what kind of service you want to offer as interior design covers a very broad spectrum. Think through your ideas carefully and about the kind of things you want to do, target your market, put together a good business plan, talk to as many people in the profession as possible to get advice, etc., etc.

I myself have just done all the above and am looking forward to a successful new career - and yes, I am self-employed.
Wednesday 28 February 2007 9.05pm
Incidentally, I think Bermondsey St. would be an excellent base for an interior design start up - lots of new flats, which people want to turn from white boxes into nice homes...

I'd also be interested in some landscape gardening service e.g. decking, tree planting, water features...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: