motorbike parking

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 January 2002 12.22pm
I live near Grange Road anyone know where i can park a motorbike that is reasonably secure
Ian
Tuesday 15 January 2002 3.21pm
you've gotta be kidding mate! Secure?...Bermondsey?...does not compute!
But seriously though, I live in The Borough just down the road and had my Suzi Rf 600 nicked outside my house despite being alarmed, chained Tarped.
My mate had his scooter stolen too. Try to get a garage or share with someone.
Good luck.
Thursday 17 January 2002 11.57am
finding somehwre safe to park was the intention of this thread. plenty of bikers aournd must park em somewhere?
Ian
Thursday 17 January 2002 2.30pm
The intention of my mail was to point out to you the dangers of leaving a M/C anywhere in London. I happen to live in this part of SE1 and know how bad vehicle crime is. Just look at the broken glass from car windows outside The Fort pub.
All of london has a major drug problem and the easiest way to make money is auto theft. I work in the drugs field and know that if it's "Nick-able" it will be Nicked.
Also there are a lot of nasty dodgy kids who may just damage it for the sake of a laugh.
Good luck with your hunt, but at the very least leave it as close to where you work and within range of a a shop or office and get friendly with someone who can keep an eye on it for you.

P.S what type of wheels is it :-)
Friday 18 January 2002 7.05am
at the moment i am bikerless due to someone borrowing my R6 and forgetting to ask me !!!!!. so yep know what it's like to have your bike nicked, so i wont contemplate buying anything else unless i could park it safe, guess my biking days are over!. and yes know what you mean by the glass surrounding the Fort i stupidly left my car near there as i couldnt get my usual parking spot close to my flat, lost the side window and windscreen. but it is annoying when you can't have a bike because you know someone will nick it.
Saturday 26 January 2002 12.06pm
Martyn,

You could always try to rent a parking space from someone who lives by Shad Thames area, as the residents there are allocated secure parking (sometimes underground) and if they are not using it they will rent it out to you. It's a bit of a walk back to Grange Road, but worth it if you know your motor won't be nicked or damaged!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: