Marmaladya.com now has a section on Bermondsey/ Bankside!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 14 February 2007 8.32pm
Marmaladya.com is a relatively new women's website:

marmLADYa.com is a place where self-aware, urban goddesses of all ages mingle online. By signing up for free weekly marmaMAIL, girls become marmaLADIES and join the 'new-fashioned' urban sisterhood. Each week they are updated with gems about local doorstep discoveries, inspiring tales of every-day heroines and recommended independent businesses.

and now it has a feature on Bermondsey & Bankside! I personally love the website and its features anyway, but am a little surprised that Bermondsey was the latest addition to a list which previously comprised Primrose Hill, Fulham, Battersea and Islington. It's all good though.

http://www.marmaladya.com/bermondsey/
Friday 23 February 2007 12.10pm
The problem with Marmaladya.com is that there is nothing to set it apart from every other women's magazine. Every women's publication currently in existence is designed to make us 'self-aware, urban goddesses' and that's the problem. I don't see any evidence of this 'new-fashioned urban sisterhood'(?). For example, I still cant see any evidence of the presence of womens groups or 'everyday heroines'(?) or anything that encourages women to think or act outwardly. Too often we are encouraged to think of our appearance, our career, our homes- nothing about other people. I think this magazine just supports the stereotype that women like nothing more than to shop, which is a real shame. Marmaladya.com sounded promising, but the editorial, like every other women's publication is still very superficial- there is nothing to make you sit back and think or want to take action. The marketing tag lines are also incomprehensible. Can anyone explain what on earth is meant by 'heart, home and hearth' problem-solving'?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: