Anyone had bookshelves made?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 16 February 2007 11.46am
Apologies for starting yet another self-interested thread...

I'd like to get some bookshelves made. Does anyone know someone skilful, reliable and not hideously expensive who might be able to do this for me?
Saturday 17 February 2007 12.42pm

a friend's husband does this kind of work and he is based in Peckham. I have not used him myself but I can vouch for him as an honest and reliable person who has a background in this kind of work:
Jon - 07985 930 875
Saturday 17 February 2007 4.59pm
Thanks, Sputnik. I expect I'll give Jon a call once I've worked out my needs - which I haven't done yet, as I'm still in the process of moving.
Sunday 18 February 2007 12.17am
I was going to get shelves made once, but then walked past Shelfstore in Finchley and bought my shelves from there. They sell modular shelving systems, but they can all be tailored to fit your particular space.

For the amount of shelving I needed, they worked out very favourably cost-wise compared to having shelves built, and what I like best about them is they can easily be dismantled and taken with you when you move.
Monday 19 February 2007 1.28pm
I used Tim at thatwoodwork:
Did a fantastic job at a great price. Very nice guy who did all the fitting as well.
Saturday 24 February 2007 1.27pm

I had a bookcase made by a guy called John Farley who makes custom built pieces of furniture. He was a really decent guy who did a really good job. 020 77370533.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: