French Market @ Lower Marsh

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 20 February 2007 10.29am
Just as a reminder, it's this week (Weds-Fri):

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/1566/continental-village-market

(no connection)
Tuesday 20 February 2007 12.03pm
Why cant it be on a Saturday?!
Tuesday 20 February 2007 6.01pm
I'm frustrated about this, too. I work during the week and won't be able to make it; I would like to support the French market, or certainly to see what it has to offer, but won't have an opportunity to do so. Surely a large chunk of the market's potential audience is going to be at work while it's on?
Wednesday 21 February 2007 3.34pm
Agreed - absolutely no point in having it mid-week as far as I'm concerned...
Wednesday 21 February 2007 6.52pm
You didn't miss much! Got a nice baguette and some cheeses though.
Wednesday 21 February 2007 9.48pm
don't forget that a lot of us work near it! lower marsh is unbelievably popular at lunchtimes with both locals and us workers - in fact LM was so rammed today that i wondered why no-one has ever pedestrianised it...
Wednesday 21 February 2007 10.12pm
That's a fair point. I'd certainly like to have gone, though. Will it be a regular fixture?
Thursday 22 February 2007 11.50am
They have been holding French markets every few months, though the advance publicity has been woeful in the past (see previous thread)

This time it's a different travelling market ('Continental' rather than just French with a wider range of countries represented) and the publicity wasn't quite so last-minute.

Those who would like to see other speciality markets in Lower Marsh should see this thread where local resident Abs Tripp has floated the idea of a regular farmers' market.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 5 March 2007 12.54pm
Next French Market Friday 16 March:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/1917/french-market

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: