Language courses

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 21 February 2007 8.49pm
Hi
Has anyone done a language course at Elite in Borough High St and if so how would you rate it? I only just discovered it and was thinking of doing a Spanish course there,
Thanks.
Wednesday 21 February 2007 10.14pm
The only thing I know is that it's fairly expensive: I looked into doing an Italian course there, and it was going to work out at something like 27 an hour, I think.
Friday 23 February 2007 4.58pm
I suggest you take a look at morley college's website, their language courses are very good
Friday 23 February 2007 5.22pm
I'm doing an introductory Spanish course at Morley College now; it's great! Lots of choice and very handy.
Friday 23 February 2007 8.29pm
I tried out a course at Morley (wasnt the Spanish one though) and felt that the ones at Westminster Univ were a bit better.

That said the Morley one was far more affordable and also closer.
Monday 26 February 2007 2.41pm
I can also recommend Southwark College in the Cut - I've been studying Italian there for the last two years and the standard of teaching has been great.
Monday 26 February 2007 4.11pm
I wish I was a teacher so I could teach you all Spanish... lol!

Southwark College got spanish courses, although not sure how good they will be, however, if you contact www.spanishsteps.com they have a list of suitable native spanish teachers for a one to one, one to two, one to three, etc, and you have the rates there as well. When learning another language, I find it easier to be in small groups.

x
Saturday 3 March 2007 10.50am
Hi
Thanks for all the advice (I didn't even know about Morley college to be honest!)
Monday 5 March 2007 1.27pm
On the same subject, I am considering to do Arabic (don't aks it's a long story). My concern is that some of the courses will be purely focussed on learning to read the Qura'n which I have no interest in.

If anyone can recommend a good course I'd appreciate it
HAQ
Monday 5 March 2007 4.52pm
I have taught Arabic and the Teach Yourself beginner Arabic and the beginner script books are both really good, they come with a CD for pronounciation but I don't use that as I am a native arab speaker and find it easier for the student to listen and see how your lips and mouth moves! They teach Arabic at southbank university, not sure what its like though.

http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/bcim/progs/language-centre/#Classes

Feel free to ask me any questions!

HAQ
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network