Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 120
PJ
Thursday 22 February 2007 12.32pm
Does anyone know if this has finally broken ground and work commenced?
Saturday 24 February 2007 8.51am
Unless you've noticed the sudden disappearance of an existing 15 storey tower block on the southern roundabout recently it is safe to assume that they are nowhere near breaking ground or even breaking some digestive biscuits in yet another meeting to discuss the revandalisation of the Elephant into yet another overhyped temple of Mamon.
Saturday 24 February 2007 10.20am
OOps! someone isnt happy. But I do understand that they are due to start next month.
TAK
Saturday 24 February 2007 8.18pm
boroughbloke wrote:
Unless you've noticed the sudden disappearance of an existing 15 storey tower block on the southern roundabout recently it is safe to assume that they are nowhere near breaking ground or even breaking some digestive biscuits in yet another meeting to discuss the revandalisation of the Elephant into yet another overhyped temple of Mamon.

What tower block should disappear? There is a 24 storey tower block and that's going nowhere. It only will be a little squashed by the new development which will replace the 5 or so storey office building next to it.
Saturday 24 February 2007 9.08pm
funny how the tower block next to Castle House has been brushed out of a number of photos of the new development so far....lol
PJ
Sunday 25 February 2007 10.08am
Thanks for the update. I have been out of the country since Christmas. Not much has changed (as usual) on the Elephant Regeneration front then!

Any work started on the Oakyme Square development either? I expect not.
Sunday 25 February 2007 1.38pm
INDOMIE wrote:
funny how the tower block next to Castle House has been brushed out of a number of photos of the new development so far....lol

I don't think they airbrushed it out, just used some very closely cropped pictures.

The only side by side image I could find a few months ago is here

There's a more seductive image on the same website showing just the front edgte of the current tower, framed by the trees of the former churchyard.
Sunday 25 February 2007 5.47pm
Not seen those ones before... the main one I have seen is on the e and c regeneration website....maybe not brushed out but certainly alot of artistic license going on with the developers......

http://www.elephantandcastle.org.uk/regenerationprogramme/buildingsunderway/

Demolition work has already started on the Oakmayne development at long last as well as the new Vantage development by St George...

http://www.stgeorgeplc.com/developments/vantage.asp
Sunday 25 February 2007 6.54pm
There are more pics here -

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/buildings.php?id=4488

(click thumbnails to enlarge)
Sunday 25 February 2007 7.11pm
Do NOT, Indomie, mention St.George's horrible Vantage being built on our parking lot...you havent been on this Forum long enough to know that it is a serious thorn in the flesh of those of us who protested for six years against someone selling us flats with parking and then promptly putting in planning permission to build over the parking lot. But of course they finally bought their way through all the objectors, the Council, the OPDM, and there we are, doomed.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: