Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 119 of 120
Merlin Rouge Thursday 8 March 2012 12.47pm
And surely using students from the London College of Communications would have been more local than ones from Camberwell.

The fact that there even was an Artist in Residence of The Elephant must be a sign of the times, no? Pretty funny!
beetroot Thursday 8 March 2012 5.55pm
LCC isn't an art college.
Merlin Rouge Thursday 8 March 2012 7.00pm
beetroot wrote:
LCC isn't an art college.

"London College of Communication is a world leader in media and design courses that prepare students for successful careers in the creative industries."

It's part of UAL, University of The Arts London.
Tolstoy Thursday 8 March 2012 9.15pm
Beetroot is making a distinction of practice; namely those defined by the term plastic arts, which traditionally would have included sculpture. ceramics and to a growing extent, painting. As a definition of arts practice It has fallen into disuse with the rapid expansion of ideas and materials, but bearing in mind that some would still only grudgingly accept photography as an arts medium, it certainly would not be extended to the like of 'media and design.'

So they did at least go to the right building and one could no doubt argue that the bursary money given to young artists at the start of their career might have been a bold move in the long term, however that might be giving the peeps at Strata too much credit.
Tolstoy Friday 9 March 2012 8.27am
With a bit of proofreading that might have read better, but hey... Don't you hate having your mistakes for all the world to see? I seem to have this strange text blindness for words on screen.
James Hatts Wednesday 11 April 2012 11.09am
This caught my eye in a written answer at the last Southwark Council assembly re affordable business units

Cllr Fiona Colley wrote:
The unit secured through S106 at the Strata tower in Elephant and Castle is about to be let to a local Latin American business that has been operating out of E&C shopping centre since 1997.

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
Merlin Rouge Friday 27 April 2012 9.55am
I was watching the wind turbines moving very gently around their housings last night. How are the turbines going these days? I have always been curious about when any such data could be released on the effectiveness of the turbines in producing in-house leccy. Is there a due date for any such data or pronouncement. Am assuming they are still in the experimental phase.
jamesup Friday 27 April 2012 3.01pm
The experimental stage hasn't started - there's going to be a 2-year assessment by Southbank Uni.
TAK Friday 27 April 2012 3.22pm
I've noticed too in the last week or so that the turbines have been spinning - albeit always at super slow speed. Maybe speed has been reduced to dampen vibrations and noise to flats immediately underneath?
jamesup Friday 27 April 2012 3.24pm
Or maybe the wind's not at the right angle? ;)
Current: 119 of 120

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions