Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 120 of 120
els76uk Friday 27 April 2012 3.24pm
TAK wrote:
Maybe speed has been reduced to dampen vibrations and noise to flats immediately underneath?

they're going round pretty fast now. i can see them from my window :)
TAK Friday 27 April 2012 3.39pm
Maybe wrong angle of wind indeed then - but it looks like turbines have awoken from hibernation in the last one or two weeks maybe? Or did I just not see them spinning for so long?
jamesup Friday 27 April 2012 3.40pm
They were off, they got switched back on a week or so ago and are now spinning as per the availability of 'the right kind of wind'.
els76uk Friday 27 April 2012 3.43pm
jamesup wrote:
'the right kind of wind'

i remember reading that the building was shaped in such a way as to direct even the slightest of winds, whatever the direction, through the turbines - I can't find that article now though, but it would explain why it's usually so windy down the bottom, and the poor little tree at the back of the building is growing at a curious angle.
jamesup Friday 27 April 2012 3.47pm
The venturi effect... It experimental and never going to be 100%. Either way, they will only work if the wind is from the SE, S, or SW - and then to varying degrees (they are actually slightly curved - hard to see from the ground.

els76uk wrote:
but it would explain why it's usually so windy down the bottom, and the poor little tree at the back of the building is growing at a curious angle.

I don't think it does - any tall building makes it windy at ground level, and the gap between Drapers and Strata seems to compound the effect.
Merlin Rouge Friday 25 May 2012 11.50pm
Have the Strata penthouses been sold yet?
jamesup Saturday 26 May 2012 11.51am
Yep
Merlin Rouge Saturday 26 May 2012 2.13pm
jamesup wrote:
Yep

Wow! Nice views? How much they went for? Anyone know?
Merlin Rouge Wednesday 12 December 2012 2.06am
Any news on the two empty commercial units at the bottom of Strata? Long time empty now. They don't seem like a good shape for much in practical shop, cafe, restaurant terms.
Current: 120 of 120

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions