Civil partnership party venues

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 24 February 2007 9.04am
Does anyone know of a good pub/location for holding a party to celebrate a civil partnership in the Borough/London Bridge area ?

It takes place on a Saturday in early June, so ideally somewhere with both indoor and outdoor space, capacity for approx 50 people.

We are looking for buffet style food and a choice of champagne, wine, beer or soft drinks - all to be served by staff.

Also would like a DJ for the evening to cover music from 1980s to present.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Saturday 24 February 2007 10.18am
Is this for you? If so, congratulations!

I've been looking for exactly the same sort of venue for my wedding party later this year, but couldn't find anywhere that fitted the bill in the London Bridge area. There are two places a bit further away that have outside space: Imbibe on Blackfriars Road, which has a big garden out the back, and Doggetts next to Blackfriars Bridge, which has a top-floor bar with a terrace overlooking the river. (It looks awful from the outside, but it's nice inside, and, of course, you can't see the outside when you're inside!)

I'll be really interested in any other suggestions that people come up with.
Saturday 24 February 2007 1.00pm
Can I suggest the Cut Bar and restaurant at the young vic please? My husband is assistant general manager so I should declare an interest- is that okay James?
They do lovely fresh food and source it all themselves and they have a great terrace. In the summer they will be having barbecues out there. They also do a canape service and did quite a few private functions over Christmas for some big banks so they are experienced in that kind of thing. It's also a very cool building.
Saturday 24 February 2007 6.34pm
What about delfina? They do have the side return bit for outside fun. not sure if its too big for 50 (or too expensive)

Congratulations by the way!
Saturday 24 February 2007 7.04pm
Delfina's really expensive.
Sunday 25 February 2007 5.30pm
yes lmjj it is for us and thanks!! checked out imbibe but they seem to only cater for a minimum of 80. shame to say we dont have that many friends! we expect 50 at best. we will contact them all the same.
Sunday 25 February 2007 8.31pm
How about Ev (the bar not restaurant) behind Southwark Station? A little bit off your map but possibly worth a look.

We had a lovely family “do” there one Sunday last summer. We pre-booked the tables outside from lunchtime and eventually left late evening. Other people came and went but because our group (approx 30, ranging from 2 -86 yr olds) was large enough it felt quite exclusive, the staff were charming and made us feel very special also the food was v.good, meze, salads and meat dishes, plus the best bit, the final bill with booze (mainly wine, beer & softs) was surprisingly less than we thought!

Congratulations and good luck with finding the right place.
Sunday 25 February 2007 9.48pm
re delfina - how expensive is really expensive??
and you only get married a few times in your life...
Monday 26 February 2007 1.44pm
Imbibe has the most beautiful patio garden, completely stuffed with flowers and fabulous scents - a real hidden treasure. Not so keen on the bar itself but my summer evenings are spent in their pretty garden with many a jug of Pimms.
A perfect place for a June reception!

I thought twice about posting this and letting you all in on the secret.

Roll on spring...
Monday 26 February 2007 2.38pm
We held our Civil Partnership party at Village East last April (their first, and ours!). Although it has no outdoor space you may be pushing it at this late stage to find a local venue on a Saturday in June with an outdoor space. VE has really flexible space with the four bar / eating areas, and Penny was extremely accommodating. I also held a party upstairs at the Leather Exchange when Betty ran it, but then it was closed at w/e then and you could have the run of the place. Don't rule out Delfinas. They have a nice range of rooms, one has a glass roof, and they can do great things with the outdoor space at the side. Good luck.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: