Interviewing Residents for Sociospatial Study

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 25 February 2007 6.32pm
Hello,

I'm a student in LSE's Cities Programme doing research on the link between the built and social environments, looking specifically at how residents recently-moved to Bermondsey actually live in the spaces designed for them. If you're interested in giving a half-hour recorded interview, the perspective would be invaluable, and will contribute to a larger study which will be published this summer. Thanks in advance for your interest...

Andrew Rudd
a.a.rudd@lse.ac.uk
Monday 26 February 2007 12.11pm
Can this be done via telephone?

What qualifies as a recent-mover and does it have to be in a new building?
Monday 26 February 2007 12.35pm
Hello Carmenes82,

Thanks for your interest. Ideally the interview would be in person -- the dynamics of face-to-face lend themselves to more nuanced discussion -- but if you'd prefer by phone, I'd still be happy to proceed that way.

"Recent" is obviously relative; but any time within the last 5 or 10 years would certainly qualify. (So far we've had mostly just long-term Bermondsey residents of 40+ years, i.e. pensioners who grew up where they're living now, so anything more recent would balance out the sampling.) New or old building doesn't matter.

Cheers,
Andrew (Rudd)
LSE Cities Programme
0772 663 1629
Monday 26 February 2007 1.43pm
Andy,

OK - I'm a young male who moved to Bermondsey 18 months ago so hopefully I can balance your study our a bit!

I've sent you a PM.

Chris
Monday 26 February 2007 5.48pm
We've just moved from Borough (15 years)to Bermondsey (less than one). We live in a private Victorian terrace & as I've got mobility problems have had some adaptations done to the house. You are welcome to chat.

Carolyn Lucas

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: