Vegan restaurant/shop in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 1 March 2007 9.44pm
are there any vegan shops or better yet restaurants in the se1 area? particularly shad thames / london bridge
Thursday 1 March 2007 9.52pm
this website is good:

http://www.veganlondon.co.uk/eat/index.htm

but unfortunately lists nothing in SE1... but loads in the West End, not too far!
Thursday 1 March 2007 9.59pm
what a great site! thank you
Friday 2 March 2007 9.24am
There's a veggie/wholefood stand in Borough market, around the Stoney Street/Winchester walk area, near to the Monmouth coffee stand. I know the market's only there fridays and saturdays, but I hope this helps!
Also, Baldwins on Walworth Road is really good - a bit out of your way, but worth a look!
Friday 9 March 2007 6.15pm
try Fareshares at 56 Crampton Street SE17
bit anarcho-hippy.
Take your own bag and write the prices down as you select items from the shelves.
be kind to volunteers, coz they work for nothing.
Tuesday 20 March 2007 1.54pm
Coopers on Lower Marsh SE1
(Just around the corner from Waterloo station)

They do reasonably good food to eat in or take away.
Tuesday 20 March 2007 4.14pm
graham wrote:
try Fareshares at 56 Crampton Street SE17
bit anarcho-hippy.
Take your own bag and write the prices down as you select items from the shelves.
be kind to volunteers, coz they work for nothing.

I like the *idea* of Fare Shares. I used to be warden in the big blue student residence on nearby Walworth Rd above Dragon Castle, and was keen to drum up custom for them, but they don't seem, as they say, bovvered.

There are no carrier bags (which is good), but also no bags or containers for bulk rice, pulses, oats, etc. and that is silly. I saw several people abandoning their shopping because they couldn't carry them. The opening hours are eccentric, irregular and unpublicised, and unfortunately the voluntary staff are clueless and/or argumentative. I got a juvenile lecture about saving the earth when I suggested they consider getting a stock of paper bags, and was practically told to go back to Tesco.

I am not saying they should be going all out to make profits, that is not in the spirit, but some basic retail and social skills would be good.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: