Elephant & Castle developer selection delayed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
PJ
Monday 5 March 2007 2.28pm
[split from thread re subways for clarity]

Yes Jackie any news on the delay with choosing the developer?

Related news & features

Monday 5 March 2007 4.12pm
Richard THomas says that the choice of the developer is actually on schedule, just some of the discussions which would anyway have to have taken place when the developer had been selected are now taking place BEFORE in order to get a more refined choice...you can take that to mean whatever you want but I will hold him to justifying this.
Monday 5 March 2007 4.15pm
This was the meaningless line the council was spinning last Monday when I started chasing the reason for the delay:
Southwark Council spokeswoman wrote:
The competition for a commercial partner has been exeptionally strong and as a result we have a very strong shortlist of two. We are taking more time to reach a final decision but will do so shortly.
I've been trying to get a more detailed answer but no joy yet.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 5 March 2007 4.50pm
INdeed James. Sounds like spin to me too. We must keep badgering.
Tuesday 6 March 2007 10.02am
Let's hope they are trying to get the best deal for the council tax payer. A lot of this comes down to how much of the huge planning gain the developer is prepared to kick back to the landlord - which is you and me.
Monday 12 March 2007 10.43am
Hi INDOMIE - I've changed your post into a link to the SLP site; please don't copy and paste articles in their entirety; especially not without saying which paper/website they come from.

I spend a lot of time dealing with other websites which lift articles from this website without permission or attribution, so I have to make sure we apply the same standard to stuff people post here.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 12 March 2007 11.29am
Its rather indicative of the lack of progress - that the most recent update on the elephant regeneration website seems to be from late January...
Monday 12 March 2007 11.47am
Monday 12 March 2007 4.10pm
Quote:
Its rather indicative of the lack of progress - that the most recent update on the elephant regeneration website seems to be from late January...

So nothing about subway removal or delay in choosing a developer on the website.

I note that last week's Monthly E-mail Newsletter also failed to mention either topic, despite the coverage on SE1 and in the South London Press.

Why not? Is only good news to be published?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: