Pubs in Long Lane - Closed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Monday 5 March 2007 6.33pm
All the pubs in Long Lane are shut! Simon the Tanner has been out of action for a while and walking past the George on Saturday, I noticed a "closed until further notice" sign up. With Valentine's also sold, it's a long thirsty walk to Borough High Street...
Monday 5 March 2007 6.48pm
New people.Supposed to be doing the place up.
I hope so anyway.
Monday 5 March 2007 8.12pm
Which place, Sid? All three mentioned boozers were out of time.
Tuesday 6 March 2007 7.53am
This IS a shame. And with the new Tabard Square residents there has to be a call for places.
Tuesday 6 March 2007 12.15pm
It's a case of use it or lose it.
The George closed last week. The Valentine closed about 3 years ago.
The Simon (who knows if it's open or shut)
The Ship closed maybe 9 years ago.
The Lord Nelson (Weston St)burnt down by it's alcoholic landlord 14/15 years ago.
Ancient Briton/Gillys/TBP (Wild Rents) closed down about 9 years ago.
The Guy's Arms (Kipling St) closed about 9 years ago.

The George has just changed hands though and is supposed to re-open in a month after a re-dec.
Tuesday 6 March 2007 12.43pm
Valentines applied for a late licence last year so i presume that will open again at some point.

The Simon has someone living in there and was supposidly going to be re furbished and re open in Decemeber but no sign of that yet.
Jac
Tuesday 6 March 2007 1.32pm
Sidney wrote:
It's a case of use it or lose it.
Ancient Briton/Gillys/TBP (Wild Rents) closed down about 9 years ago.

Actually it closed more than 12 years ago. Scary how time flies!
Tuesday 6 March 2007 2.27pm
Simon the Tanner seems to change hands with bewildering regularity...and it's always been great when we SE1s have held bashes there....I'm not enough of an expert to know what makes a place "go"...what's the magic ingredient?
Tuesday 6 March 2007 2.28pm
Valentines has been bought by a property development company (NorthStar 2000) which posted their intentions to redevelop the site for a mixed use (forthcoming projects in their website ). North Star 2000 Group
Tuesday 6 March 2007 2.30pm
it is quite depressing really in my younger days I can vaguely remember saturday night spent on pub crawls from Uncles, Gillys, the Vic the Fellmongers and sometimes the Red Cow and now the Vic is the only one still open!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: