Willowbank Referral Centre

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 6 March 2007 5.19pm
Hi there, I am thinking of renting a flat just off OKR near the willowbank referral centre. I don't know much about it and although it seems fine I just wondered if anyone had any further information regarding it. I am also wondering if its very safe around there as i often work shift work.
Many thanks
Rose
Wednesday 7 March 2007 10.53am
I have never had any trouble in the area Rose and have met a few people who live in Barratt's new Galleria development near Willowbank. The bus service is frequent and runs 24 hours and it takes me 40-45 mins to walk to work at blackfriars bridge (weather permitting)....so the location is good, the only down side is the lack of decent bars (although there is a nice cafe in Burgess Park).

I did see some car vandalism on st georges way about six months back but so far so good for me!

Hope this helps!
Wednesday 7 March 2007 1.00pm
Hi Indomie,

Thanks so much for that. I quite like tha area so its nice to hear its seems good too. Yes I did notice the lack of bars but didn't know there was a cafe in the park - that's a bonus.
Thursday 8 March 2007 11.21am
Link to the cafe and more info on the Jazz sessions......

http://www.chumleighgardens.co.uk/chumleighgardenscafe.htm

P.S: In case you have to fit the flat out......I heard a story about some poor bloke ordering a new LCD TV at the Galleria but when he buzzed in the delivery driver someone else signed for it in the lift on the way to his flat and it was never seen again!
Thursday 8 March 2007 8.15pm
Hey indomie, that cafe looks great.

And thanks for the handy hints regarding the galleria especially as that's where I might be moving. Some clever people around and how awful for the real ower. Good to be aware of these things definitely. Thanks very much for the information.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network