Opticians

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 9 March 2007 7.22pm
I'm blind as a bat and need new contact lenses very soon. Can anyone recommend a good optician near Bermondsey St where I can walk to? Suggestions much appreciated. Mrs. Erniebug
Saturday 10 March 2007 1.45pm
Walk down to Newington Causeway to the Institute of Optometry, you'll have the finest eye test, the best aftercare for contact lenses.

0207 234 9641 for appointments, the eye test is about 30. It's a self financing charity according to the website. You'll have access to so may experts should an eye problem occur because the senior staff from eye hospitals go there every week. I have been going there for decades. You just phone and make an appointment.

My husband had a sudden turn inwards of his eye, his doctor said he would refer him to a hospital. While up on a routine eye test a week later I mentioned it to someone, we were given an appointment the following tuesday! and diabetic neuropathy was diagnosed...

Regards to the g.p. referring us to the hospital for an ordinary appointment we are still waiting...( my husband died last year!)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: