Weed family anyone?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 11 March 2007 7.56am
Have been researching my family history, and plenty of information about my mother's side of the family, but nothing almost nothing about my father.

My birth name was Weed, but was changed by deed poll.

My father was a Leslie Weed, who was aged around 38 in 1939 and a popular musician apparently. I believe my mother then divorced him when I was very young.

Any ideas anyone? Or any Weeds?
Tuesday 13 March 2007 7.02am
On the 192 site you can search the electoral role. Here's all the Weeds in SE1 area

DAVID T WEED
MARION M WEED
DEBORAH J WEED
DAVID F WEED
Tuesday 13 March 2007 11.21am
Thanks, but not sure what the 192 site is. When I moved here about 14 years ago I did contact a couple of Weeds I found in the phone book but none of them had heard of Leslie Weed. Oh well. Probably doomed to failure!
Tuesday 13 March 2007 12.12pm
Have you tried www.findmypast.com? You can through the registers of births, marriages and deaths online, and can then order copies of certificates. You have to pay, but it's not very expensive.
Tuesday 13 March 2007 6.05pm
I am trying to avoid the sites you pay for as they seem to just want quite a lot of money for separate items of information. Also I really do not have enough information to search censuses etc. Have even tried the Mormons, which is at least free. Shall probably give up since I am not totally obsessed!
Wednesday 14 March 2007 8.18am
Having said that, have just seen an arts review from last year in this very organ by one Sarah Weed! Not on the electoral register so presumably lives outside Southwark.
Wednesday 14 March 2007 8.26am
Or possibly just not registered?
Wednesday 14 March 2007 10.02am
Or has ticked the box asking that their details are not publicly available.
Wednesday 14 March 2007 6.13pm
Ah, could be any of these. Curiouser and curiouser.
Thursday 15 March 2007 12.37pm
surely the 1901 census would have him on
this is available online, and a small amount of info is available free (not sure if it's x number of searches, or maybe only limited info).

1901 census here, i looked up surname Weed, male, birth year 1900 +/- 5 years gave 21 results with several born in London.

but unfortunately no Leslie

of course he may have been born after the 1901 census
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: