Night time roadworks on Stamford St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 13 March 2007 9.25pm
I live on Stamford St and since last night several large vehicles have started digging up the road - still going at 3am - the bedroom was practically shaking. There are many flats around that area very residential why are these people doing this at night? They're there again tonight too does anyone know what they're doing or why?
Tuesday 13 March 2007 10.02pm
I live nearby too, the works have been going on for ages. Because Stamford Street and the roundabout etc are a red route, they are supposed to do it at night because it is apparently less disruptive this way. The area is deemed predominantly non-residential (which is fair enough, it is a red route after all, and most of the buildings are university, offices etc) so they do it at night. That said, I wish they would hurry up and finish!!! They have had that underpass half closed for ages now and are never doing anything when I go past (2x a day).
Wednesday 14 March 2007 10.55am
we are just far enough away not to be troubled unless you really listen for it. Does this mean they will be commissioning the traffic lights at the junction of Cornwall Road? They have been in place for months and, as they took out the central reservation on the pedestrian crossing that has become much more dangerous.
Tuesday 20 March 2007 9.52am
I live on Stamford Street too and have received several letters from the contractors advising of the works which will be going ahead for 3 weeks from 12 March. Works commence at 20.00hrs with noisey work supposedly ending at midnight.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: