congestion charge refunds

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 15 July 2003 9.19am
My husband (being very clever) accidentially paid the charge twice yesterday. He promptly sent a nice email to the congestion charge team and they replied today to the effects of "two payments, thanks for the 10, youll never see any of it again."

What a scam.
Tuesday 15 July 2003 4.15pm
Send the correspondence to Uncle Ken and see what happens.

If he does nowt, we'll all vote Tory in the next mayor election.
Tuesday 15 July 2003 5.23pm
I think an email has gone to everyone with an email address that ends in london.gov.uk. We will see what happens.

Methinks uncle ken should be very worried at the next election.
Tuesday 15 July 2003 7.30pm
Good Luck !
Tuesday 15 July 2003 9.52pm
Oh, but PLEASE don't vote tory! Nothing's ever that bad. Remember that nice Simon Hughes is standing too - and he's the one who got us a tube station in Bermondsey (SE16, but close enough.)
Wednesday 16 July 2003 6.00am
I heard Ken on radio 4's start the week on monday morning. On this live programme, he thanked the BBC for sending him a car! Was there any public transport on Monday morning?
Wednesday 16 July 2003 7.37am
If you were mayor would you get the tube?

Interesting bit in the standard yesterday about someone paying twice....
Wednesday 16 July 2003 8.50am
A tube station in Bermondsey High Street would have been much better. The whole area would have been revitalised..

I am voting BBC at the next election. They are providing the only effective opposition to the government at the moment. That's why Campbell is out to get them.
Wednesday 16 July 2003 8.56am
Bermondsey by name but not by nature! London Bridge & the Elephant are closer by far...

If Mr Hughes is as far out with the rest of his policies, then may the Lord help us...,
Thursday 17 July 2003 1.08pm
I work at the BBC at Television Centre (please no begging for TOTP tickets :-) ) and its like asking your boss to give up his first born when you need at taxi at 2am after having worked 24 hours...

"Use the tube"

"Night buses go from outside"

"Walk the 10 miles"

Everything but "Sure, we apprecaite the work and value your safety"
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network