Smelly Streets

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
jac
Tuesday 15 July 2003 9.58pm
Yesturday I walked along Lambeth Road from St.George's Circus to the Imperial War museum on the side where the buses park. The smell of urine along this stretch was awful. If bus drivers must relieve themselves in the street and I believe they are the culprits surely the bus companies should be made to wash the streets? Better still why not provide toliets for the drivers !
Wednesday 16 July 2003 12.26pm
Maybe letters of objection should be sent to the Bus Company. Need any help?

Jenny
Blackfriars Community Action Group
jac
Thursday 17 July 2003 10.36am
Might be worth a try but I think that there are several bus companies that use the bus stand so they are bound to blame each other. I guess that someone is overall responsible for them (transport for London?) but I'm not sure who would be the most effective person/company to write to. Any ideas?
Monday 28 July 2003 9.46am
I suggest you write to Southwark Council as they are responsible for providing Public Toilets. Also write to Transport for London and ask them to send you a list of the bus companies that use the street to park on. Then write to each bus company copying your letter to Ken Livingstone.
Monday 28 July 2003 1.11pm
I suggest the cheapest option would be....gent's urinal bottles with secure lids! I have been told that years ago drivers peed in lemondad bottles if not near a lavatory and then emptied down a drain? any ex bus drivers out there!

jan
Wednesday 30 July 2003 12.59pm
I walk along this stretch most days and until recently I hadn't noticed a problem. The buses have been parking here since the new road layout was opened earlier this year. Hopefully this was an isolated event. Only two buses park up here the 155 and another I can't remember.

However, there is always the possibility that it's nothing to do with the bus drivers and could be just some drunks on the way home.

Steve

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network