Primary Schools and nursery

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 18 March 2007 9.06am
Hi. Slightly early to be asking this but does anyone have any experience of nurseries or primary schools in the Bermondsey/ Borough area? My son has just been born and the good lady and I are starting to take an interest in this subject. In simple terms, as a non church-going family, do I have to pay to get my boy an education that's half decent?
Tuesday 20 March 2007 1.05pm
Congratulations, firstly!

There are a number of threads on these subjects tho not sure how you copy and paste them into a 'post' so worth a search

As far as nursery places go, depending on when you'd like your little boy to start you should be getting onto waiting lists now - for example, there is an approx 14 month waiting list for places in the under-twos at the Arc nursery on Crosby Row (which I can recommend as my boy goes there, with daughter due to start in summer and she was registered before she was born!)

Schools ... IMHO there does seem to be quite a few good primaries (son due to start one of them in Sept) and the Church ones do have to let non-CofE children in, though being a regular church-goer could be an advantage

Good luck
Thursday 22 March 2007 11.48am
There's a new nursery just opened in the new development at the Borough High St end of Long Lane (Tabard Squre). It looks really nice, but don't know if they have a mother/baby group. I'm not in the family demographic yet, I just happened to walk by, but there's an article about it on this website/forum, and I've added in the details below.
Good luck!

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/1992

Bright Horizons, 10-12 Empire Square, Tabard Street, London SE1 4NA
• 020 7407 2068

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: